Client Feedback

Having evaluated that our workflow and process for development was working well, having discussed with both RedBalloon and the rest of the team the current stage of the project, we thought it would be a good idea for me to go to Salisbury and visit the client in order to gain some feedback on the content and mechanism of the application, as part of the critical final evaluation suggested by RedBalloon. We planned to consider the feedback given to us now to be crucial in realising the final release of the app in 4 weeks.

Feedback given regarding mechanism

Feedback given regarding the mechanism of the app was broadly similar to that given by RedBalloon; the client was happy with the proposed design regarding how the user would interact with the concept, and all three parties agreed that the concept was driven mostly by content – including the sounds, the answers, and the factual relevance.

Feedback given regarding content

The client suggested a variety of points for feedback relating to the way in which content had been produced;

  • Make the sound clues more literal and less ambiguous, for example the use of animal sounds, action sounds, or emotional sounds. Be specific with aims of the sounds used. We interpreted this as the use of sounds in a more direct manner, for example, to cause the user to not think “what sound is that?” but to think “how is that sound relevant”, as to avoid a breakdown in interaction between the user and the app, caused by ambiguity in sounds.
  • Link facts to the exhibition, the Magna Carta, or Salisbury cathedral specifically. In order to continue a close adherence to the initial brief we needed to ensure that aspects of the app were closely linked to the subject matter – it was suggested that we achieved this by prompting the user to go and explore an aspect of the physical experience with a prompt in the facts delivered by the app; for example suggesting they search for a tomb upon correctly answering a question regarding the passing of a key figure.
  • It was suggested that we needed to ensure we made content appropriate for the target age range alone by ensuring content was not too explicit or violent and sanitising the aspects of history we had drawn upon with some discretion to make it suitable for the age range.

We took away new intentions for the final iteration of development from this feedback, which was very helpful in refining our final tasks for completion of the project. Our new priorities included fostering a strong link between the general narrative of the concept to the exhibition, the cathedral, and the Magna Carta in order to better meet main points of the brief. In addition to this we had to focus on the coherence of sound effects and the content itself – both in its feasibility and relevance, and in its appropriateness for the age group.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s